Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Super Mom!!

I had so much energy yesterday! It is amazing the difference it makes when Lucy doesn't wake up 3 times a night! I slept straight from 10pm until 6:45am night before last and my energy level sky rocketed from it. Yesterday I cleaned and organized (more than the bare minimum!) and worked too, and then the normal ins and outs of running our home. To you it may not seem like much but to me this felt so good.
Ok, down to business. Mission 'dinner impossible' day 2 was chicken stroganoff with salad and garlic bread.


I forgot to buy the mushrooms so our stroganoff went without. Luke and the kids didn't mind not having mushrooms, but I would have liked them. lol It was really good otherwise though, even Cody cleaned his plate and we all know how picky he can be with food! As far as meal preparation goes, this meal was slightly less complicated than the porkchops. I took the chicken out of the freezer the night before and organized the ingredients we would need so they were easily accessed when needed... Another thing we did was we purchased ready to eat lettuce and frozen bread to save us time the day of.
Now I want to share my before and after pics of my refrigerator, I am so proud!

Before (what a mess!):

After (so beautifully organized!):
I am using that little red bin on the bottom left to hold our ingredients for the following day's meal. Right now it is holding items to make "bubble pizza", kids are excited for this one and they really like being able to look at that saweeeeeeet dry erase menu I made and know what we are eating for dinner each night.

~Casey

1 comment: